Art, storytelling and travel. That’s pretty much my life. This is the place where I talk a bit about myself. The best way to explain what I’ve gone through to get to where I am now is by drawing it.
Jessica Smith is a freelance concept artist and illustrator from Perth, Australia. She is currently living in Osaka, Japan.
Also known as Mei-Xing.
– Concept Design Academy: Los Angeles California
– CGMA 2D Academy
– Central Institute of Technology: Perth, Australia
– Psytec Games
– ATeam Inc.
– Angry Robot Books
– Contract Concept Artist for Psytec Games (current)
– UI Assets for Windlands, Psytec Games
– Illustrator for Windswept and Like a Boss by Adam Rakunas (Angry Robot Books)
– Illustrator for ‘On the Wings of a Butterfly’ – A children’s book for mourning and loss
– Featured artwork at The Game Awards 2015 (Tumblr Games Section)
– Featured on front page of Reddit and Imgur (Link1, Link2)
– Featured on Kotaku (Link to Feature)
– Instructor at CDW for High School Holiday Workshop, CDW Studios, Adelaide
– Industry Guest at Academy of Interactive Entertainment, Melbourne
– Interviewed and Featured on ZeldaInformer (Link to the article)
– Top post in Zelda Subreddit of all time and gilded.
– Completed 24hour Charity Stream for Pencils of Promise Fundraiser
– Concept Artist for Cyan Eyed
– Illustrator for children’s book series I Am Extra Special (visit website here)
– Industry Speaker at Central Institute of Technology (watch the video of the talk here)
– Featured on CG Society
– Featured on ColoredCG Magazine
– Featured on Imgur Frontpage
– Featured on Tumblr Radar
– Featured on Art of Animation multiple times (link 1, link 2)
– Featured on Artstation Frontpage
– Exhibited at Fast Track to Animation @CGS Turbo Gallery Show in Burbank, California
– Featured artwork on Concept Art World
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.